Why Family Business Governance?
An enterprising family that is well governed is free to work toward the highest and best objectives of the business.
Why the Family Business Consulting Group?
FBCG Consultants have:
- Facilitated thousands of family business meetings.
- Written more books and articles on family meetings, family councils, family constitutions and policies for the family business than any other family business consulting group.
- Helped hundreds of family businesses build the structures that work for their family and their business and ultimately strengthen both.
What can family governance do for the business and family?
Developing family governance guidelines can help to:
- Maximize profits
- Improve strategy
- Create jobs
- Foster employee development
- Help to serve ALL stakeholders
- Give voice to those working in and out of the business
- Provide stability during transitions such as succession or leadership
What is Family Business Governance?
Click on any of the items listed above for a list of books availble for that topic.
What are the relevant issues to consider when determining how sophisticated your family governance needs to be:
- Size of ownership group
- Percentage of owners employed in the business
- Owner involvement in senior management
- Owner’s involvement in senior management
- Number of generations in management
- Proximity to business leadership transition.
- Size of the business
- Crisis in business or family.
Governance issues change as your family evolves. Remember that each stage, be it founder to sibling, sibling to cousin and beyond, requires a new way of thinking about how your family communicates about the business and with the business.
Our books and articles are considered user-friendly for members of family enterprises including, businesses, foundations and family offices.
When you are ready, we are here to help facilitate meetings, build structures and processes to improve communication, provide books and articles and share our wealth of resources about family governance.
For Information on this offering please contact
Carol Ryan at 773-572-6432